At Zameen, an EMPG company, we are looking to further expand our Pakistan engineering office of already 250+. We are most interested in bringing on board colleagues who love to learn, perform, and teach. We are building a high-quality engineering environment with a super focus on delivering value to customers. Your primary responsibility would be to build world-class suite products to support the hyper-growth of our businesses in 18 countries.
As an Engineering Manager, you will present yourself as a strong leader to our technical team in Pakistan delivering A-class products that scale to millions of users.
In this role, you will:
- Architect, design, and develop cloud software applications.
- Collaborating closely with Product, Infrastructure, Design, UX, CLM, and Strategy to deliver the highest quality products;
- Enforce agile practices like test-driven development, CI & test automation. - Collaborate with offshore teams for both architectural and delivery issues. - Cultivate technical backlog.
- Smartly prioritize between the immediate and the future needs.
- Analyse and remediate production issues, build in fault tolerance and - operational readiness into the system architecture with a focus on operationally ready solutions.
- Be a software guardian. Own non-functional requirements, architectural direction, quality of the code and addressing technical debt.
- Knowledgeable of scalability and high availability systems;
- Focusing on Team health and instilling a strong culture of engineering excellence. - Mentor team on good code design patterns.
- Hiring A-players to build High Performing Teams, constantly raising the bar of engineering talent.
- Identify areas for growth and personal development and provide a growth path uniquely catered towards each team member.
- Ability to lead the team technically and act as a Project and Product manager.
- Ensuring the highest standards of security for all our platforms and its underlying infrastructure.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent field.
- 8 years of server/client-side software development experience
- Experience in lead teams; including performance management and people management.
- Strong understanding of scalability and high availability systems.
- Experience in operations and managing live production applications, monitoring, remediation, and incident management.
- Strong understanding of RESTful service design, API design, and best practices for building resilient and maintainable distributed systems.
- A solid experience with AWS and the different technologies within is a plus.
- Working experience of Kubernetes is a plus;
- Experience working on high-traffic and large-scale web products;