At Zameen, an EMPG company, we are looking to further expand our Pakistan engineering office of already 250+. We are most interested in bringing on board colleagues who love to learn, perform, and teach. We are building a high-quality engineering environment with a super focus on delivering value to customers. Your primary responsibility would be to build world-class suite products to support the hyper-growth of our businesses in 18 countries.
We’re looking to hire multiple Full Stack Software Engineers across various levels (junior, mid and senior) to become a part of a platform that handles millions of requests per day. Continuous integration, auto-scaled rolling releases, event-driven micro-service architectures are all part of the daily gig.
In this role you will:
- Build and maintain robust APIs - from the service that powers them right down to the line of code that perfects them.
- Work closely with other teams from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving production issues, and handling the complete SDLC.
- Support a wide range of products focusing on automation, availability, and performance, and above all reliability as well as supporting mobile engineers and business intelligence leading up to, during, and after each sprint.
- Live true to our ambitions of building an industry-leading platform that is relentlessly focussed on innovation.
- Develop elegant solutions for complex problems;
- Write and maintain exemplary code following dubizzle’s programming practices;
- Gain a detailed understanding of the complete architecture of our product and the position of your product stream in it;
- Work in a mentoring capacity within a peer-programming environment and provide guidance on tasks, irrespective of complexity or scale;
- BSc in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in any backend technologies, Python preferred
- Good understanding of any backend technology is a must; Python is preferred;
- Good understanding of at least one MVC frameworks (Ember, Angular, Backbone or React) is a must;
- In-depth knowledge of database management technologies, preferably MySQL, PostgreSQL and understanding of NoSQL databases
- Experience with AWS technologies and application deployment using containers (e.g. Docker) is a plus;
- Some understanding of build tools like Gulp or Webpack and package management tools like bower & NPM;
- Analytical thinking; Conceptual thinking; Detail-oriented;
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills. This is an absolute must. We have heated debates around complicated subjects and you will be expected to defend your points of view.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing environment